What will happen during my surgery?
- We will give your guests a card with your I.D. number. This helps track your progress.
- In the lobby, your guests can see your progress on the SmartTrac Screen. This screen is across from the lobby TV.
- We will give your guests a pager. It will flash and vibrate when they should come to the reception desk.
- Your doctor will talk to your guests after your surgery.
What will happen in the Recovery phase?
- You will be in Recovery when you wake up.
- We will watch your vital signs and treat your pain.
- You will get to drink liquids.
- You cannot have guests in Recovery. They will see you during your discharge.
- Adults with special needs may have one adult with them in recovery once they are awake and drinking fluids. This will depend on the safety and privacy needs of all patients in the Recovery area.
- If the adult leaves, another cannot take that person's place.
- Guests must be age 18 or over.
If you are being admitted to the hospital after surgery:
- You will stay in Recovery until your room is ready. One adult may be with you while you wait for your room. This will depend on the safety and privacy needs of all patients in the Recovery unit.
- If the adult leaves, another cannot take that person's place. What will happen in the Discharge phase?
When you are ready to be discharged:
- Two guests may visit your bedside. One of them must be in charge of your home care.
- If a guest leaves, another cannot take that person's place.
- Children younger than 1 0 may not visit this unit.
- Once you can keep fluids down, we will take out your IV.
- Your driver will bring your car to the Pavilion A entrance. We will take you to your car by wheelchair.
- The Registration Desk can stamp 1 free parking pass per patient.
- Ask us if you need a school or work excuse.
For more information about our center, please visit http://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/locations/cas/