UK MDs Physician Referral Service
To refer a patient call toll free 1-800-888-5533 or 859-231-9922 | Fax: 859-323-4607
UK MDs is a service unique to UK HealthCare, connecting community physicians and health care providers to UK facilities and services -- 24 hours a day. Our coordinators can arrange a conference call between a community physician, a UK attending physician, and the UK capacity command center nurse to facilitate admission or transfer processes. The UK MDs coordinators remain on the call to provide any additional assistance.
- Facilitates physician referrals and consults, hospital admissions, hospital transfers, patient appointments and other requests.
- Facilitates community physician referral and consult requests made via the secure online Patient Referral form.
- Works closely with the UK Physician Liaison Program to handle physician complaints and concerns.
- Facilitates Gill Heart Institute cath lab activation, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) response, RAMPART and Stroke team notification.
- Facilitates UK HealthCare physician requests.
- Maintains a comprehensive database of internal and external physicians available on UK CareWeb (password protected).
- Provides after-hours, weekend and holiday service for the Worker's Compensation Program for University of Kentucky, Northern Kentucky University and Morehead State University.
- Provides reports to administration, admissions and the UK capacity command center and clinical services.